On this Page you will find an index of all of my published articles on ErikTomrenWrites. I have organized the articles into different categories and then in alphabetical order by title. Please explore below and click through to any article you find interesting. Most articles you will find are also linked to other relevant articles.
Travel, Tourism and Culture
In this section you will find travel- and tourism-related articles. You will find a wide variety of articles about Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, Scandinavia and the Nordic states, continental Europe, and also Asia and Africa. You will also find articles about Seattle’s Sister Cities, which is one of my main travel interests.
- Arctic Circle Air Adventure with Northern Alaska Tour Co.
- Bigfoot sighted at Espresso Chalet in Index, Washington
- Cruising to St. Petersburg: a visa primer
- Downtown to West Seattle (Alki Beach) on the King County Water Taxi
- Exploring the city center of Bergen, Norway
- Guatemala and Belize – Evergreen Escapes travel series
- Gdynia, Poland: Seattle sister city since 1993
- Jeff King’s Husky Homestead in Denali
- Louis Armstrong statue at New Orleans Airport
- Seattle Great Wheel largest Ferris wheel on the West Coast
- Seattle sister cities – an overview
- Seattle Syttende Mai 2020: Quarantine Edition
- Seattle ‘Wacky Holiday Lights & Wine Tasting Tour’
- Seattle’s first Thursday Free Museum Day Program
- Sihanoukville, Cambodia: Seattle sister city
- The tiny Wayside Chapel near Sultan, Washington
- Ultimate Namibia Safari – Evergreen Escapes travel series
- Visiting Honningsvåg on the Hurtigruten
- Visiting Mendenhall Glacier on layover at Juneau Airport
Food & Drink
In this section you will find articles that are primarily related to food and drink.
- Brunch at Salty’s on Alki Beach
- Café Du Monde – coffee and beignets in New Orleans
- Ensenada Margarita: Bar Andaluz vs. Hussong’s Cantina
- REVIEW: Adam Carolla’s Red and White Mangria
- Taste of Iceland in 2014 at Dahlia Lounge in Seattle
- Welcome to Denali, home of the $9 Subway footlong
Horror Film Reviews and Culture
In this section you will find a wide variety of articles pertaining to horror films, exhibits, festivals and culture.
- Chucky: The Killer DVD Collection (review)
- EMP Museum Succeeds with Can’t Look Away: The Lure of Horror Film
- Final Destination 5 meets expectations
- George Romero’s ‘Survival of the Dead’ – dead on arrival
- Hellraiser: Revelations deserves another look
- Hostel: Part III a missed opportunity
- Leprechaun – Decades later and still not scary
- ‘Mega Piranha’ – so bad it’s good?
- Review of ‘Memory’ from 2006, starring Billy Zane
- Review – Zombie Diaries 2, aka World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries
- Seattle’s ZomBcon raised the living dead
- Seattle’s 2012 MIFFF opens with Mon Ami
- Shocker by Wes Craven is shockingly bad
- Tobe Hooper ‘Mortuary’ – brain-dead zombies and black fungus
- Wes Craven ‘Cursed’ falls short of potential
- 2002 film ‘They’ explores night terrors
Other Film & Television Reviews
In this section you will find film and television reviews from outside of the horror genre.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Review)
- John Ritter Lost Earthquake Safety Film
- Metalhead: Icelandic film teases black metal
Grunge Rock, Hard Rock and Heavy Metal
In this section you will find articles primarily about grunge rock but also hard rock and heavy metal.
- Bastard of Reality | Seattle Black Sabbath tribute
- Concert Review – Guns of Barisal, Swarming Hordes, The Abodox
- EMP Museum’s ‘Nirvana: Taking Punk To The Masses’
- Interview with Bastard of Reality singer David Hillman
- Jar Of Flies (Alice In Chains tribute) live in Lynnwood, WA
- Layne Staley Last 3 Recorded Songs
- New Sub Pop Airport Store open for business
- Review of Guns N’ Roses – ‘Chinese Democracy’
- Soundgarden – ‘Screaming Life/FOPP Reissue’
Gothic-Industrial and Electronic Music
In this section you will find reviews for Gothic-Industrial music and techno. This includes sub-genres such as electronic body music (EBM), oldschool EBM, dark electro, synth pop, future pop, harsh electro, gabber, hardcore techno, and more.
- amGod ‘Dreamcatcher’ Box Review
- Cock E.S.P. / Panicsville: Last Train to Cocksville (review)
- Doormouse: Freaked Out Mess (review)
- Doormouse: Messed Out Freak (review)
- Earth Loop Recall: Compulsion (review)
- Jihad | Live In Bratislava 28-02-2015 – Dark EBM Souls
- N3VOA: Wasted Memories (review)
- Red Reflection: Prelude to Annihilation (review)
- Rob Gee: Na Na / Fuck Osama Bin Laden (review)
- Suicide Commando: [Cause Of Death: Suicide] [One Nation Under God]
- Ulver: A Quick Fix of Melancholy (review)
- Ulver: Teachings in Silence (review)
- Various Artists: Interbreeding II: Industrial Mutation
Other Music Reviews
In this section you will find reviews for other genres of music including country, hip-hop and rap, classical and jazz.
- Early Music Guild of Seattle: “The Winds of Time”
- Sons of Perdition – Trinity (Review)
- The Streets: A Grand Don’t Come For Free (review)
Writing and Marketing
In this section you will find articles about writing and marketing.
Politics and Opinion
In this section you will find articles about politics and current events. You will also find opinion pieces on a variety of topics.
- Barack Obama: Dreams from My Father (review)
- Bob Woodward ‘Plan of Attack’ (book review)
- Coffee Corporations Should Nix Tip Jars
- COVID-19 Diaries: Lessons from Seattle
- George W. Bush: A Uniter, Not A Divider
- How 9/11 Brought People Together, at Least for a Short Time
- Presidency Dreaming: Third Parties Need To Sober Up and Face Reality
- Rethinking the Penny
- Travel Horror Story: 5 Hours on the Tarmac